2020 Tournament Information
1st ever “Sweet Spot Showcase Classic” presented by Firecracker Baseball will be held July 30th – August 2nd, 2020
College Showcase Camp: Wednesday, July 29th, 2020
Age groups: 13U, 14U/15U, 16U/17U and 18U/19U (4 Divisions)
Pool play: Thursday, July 30th through Saturday, August 1st, 2020
Playoffs & Championships: Sunday, August 2nd, 2020
- Participation is limited to 40 teams and is expected to fill up before December 31st, 2019.
- Registration for this tournament will be $999.00 which includes bringing a box of brand new game NFHS baseballs.
- We offer multi-team/event discounts, please inquire for more savings!
- 4 game guarantee: Pool play format will be used with all teams (weather permitting).
- Teams will be placed in pools, based solely on where they are from. We place teams from different areas against each other to allow the kids to play new teams.
- All Umpires are High School board certified and we supply 2 for every game.
- Preliminary round games will take place at area high school and collegiate fields with the playoffs and championship games at college facilities.
- We use the top fields in the Hershey, Harrisburg and Lancaster, Pennsylvania area such as Lebanon Valley College; Penn St. Harrisburg and more.
- We also hire college and professional coaches to evaluate the teams at the prime recruiting age groups during our events. This past summer we had over 100+ representatives from college and professional programs at all our of events, including Wheaton College, Boston College, Bryant University, Salve Regina University, Fairleigh Dickinson University and Concordia College.
- What else could we offer…well! We offer player and team video packages for programs looking to have their scout days during our event but also evaluations and “live in game video” of their players complied.
- Want more….let’s discuss that we do on-field reporting/interviewing with players/coaches, live streaming of pool play games and all playoff/championships on You Tube TV, social media exposure along with more exciting news to be announced shortly.
We are very excited about next year’s event as we have expectations of 40+ teams attending our inaugural event. With a College Showcase Camp the night before leading things off, top fields and more this is expected to be a Home Run! If you are interested in participating in one of the East Coast’s biggest and most attended events, please register shortly or inquire at firstname.lastname@example.org for more details.
We have partnered with TRAVELING TEAMS® to secure discounted room blocks at a variety of tournament approved hotels close to our venues. This is a Stay to Play event. It is required that all teams traveling to this event reserve their hotel accommodations through TRAVELING TEAMS®. Thank you in advance for your cooperation!
Whether you’re looking for thrills or fun rides for the kids, you’ll find an attraction at Hershey Park that’s just right! Some of the country’s fastest, tallest, and wildest rides are at this theme park! There are a wide range of amazing water attractions at this theme park to enjoy while competing in the Sweet Spot Showcase Classic next summer!
We are offering exclusive discount tickets through our website for all tournament participants, families, coaches and friends to enjoy. Use the following code “FIRECRACKER” to buy your exclusive discounted tickets, which include 1 day passes, 2 day flex passes and free parking!
2020 Pro & College Coaches Attending
Please check out our website regularly as we approach the 2020 calendar year for confirmed attendance of coaches, schools and scouts. Our rotator above will show you the quality of programs who attended this event previously and several who have expressed interest in being a part of this event moving forward.
We try to give all our student athletes and their families a first class experience by securing and enabling all our teams to play on the top facilities in Hershey, Harrisburg and Lancaster, Pennsylvania. We would like to see all our teams play all their pool play and playoff games on top fields, including collegiately.
As you can see from the list below most of our divisions are exclusively played on collegiate fields including playoffs and Championships for our 13U and 14U/15U Divisions. These younger divisions are given these unique playing opportunities which has become increasingly rare for other tournament providers. These fields and facilities are tentatively scheduled to host in 2020 but until schedules are finalized please inquire about your location before securing your hotels and travel plans.
18U/19U Division: Pool Play Fields (Championship Game TBA)
All teams MUST bring 1 box of 12 game baseballs, NFHS stamped & approved, to the site supervisor before their 1st game. If baseballs are not provided, then
- At 1st game, team will forfeit the right to coin flip (to pick home or away).
- At 2nd game, team will forfeit their game (even if it’s on the 1st day of games).
- At 3rd game, team will forfeit their game and be banned from future tournaments.
A coin toss administered by the umpire or the site supervisor at each field will be used to determine home team for each game during pool play games.
3. AGE REQUIREMENTS (Date of Birth is NOT used for age eligibility for our events)
- 19U Division: Class of 2019 or younger
- 18U Division: Class of 2020 or younger (Fall only events)
- 17U Division: Class of 2021 or younger
- 16U Division: Class of 2022 or younger (Fall only events)
- 15U Division: Class of 2023 or younger
- 14U Division: Class of 2024 or younger including our Fall events
- 13U Division: Class of 2025 or younger
4. TIME LIMITS:
There is a 2-hour time limit on all games except for the championship games. This rule means that no inning can start after 2 hours, it is NOT drop-dead timing. This allows the tournament to stay on track for the entire day. We do allow extra innings, as long as the time limit is still in play. We, at Firecracker Baseball want to see all ties broken WHEN possible so “Firecracker Baseball” tie-breaker will begin in 8th inning (see details, rule #5).
5. FIRECRACKER BASEBALL TIE-BREAKER RULE:(Only when within time limit for pool play or game will be determined a tie; all playoff/championship games will start with this rule in the 8th inning)
- 8th inning: Runner on 2nd with no outs (Runner on 2nd was last batter of previous inning).
- 9th inning: Runner on 1st and 2nd with no outs (Runners on 1st& 2nd were last 2 batters of previous innings, placed accordingly i.e. last batter on 1st base and previous batter on 2nd base).
- 10th inning: Runners on 1st, 2nd and 3rd with no outs (Runner on 1st, 2nd& 3rd were last 3 batters of previous inning, placed accordingly i.e. last batter on 1st, previous batter on 2nd base and so on).
6. WOOD BAT/METAL BAT:
This is a wood bat tournament. 13U Division is allowed to follow NFHS standards for metal bats, which is BBCOR (-3), which is only age allowed to do so. NO COMPOSITE BATS ALLOWED THAT ARE EITHER METAL OR WOOD!!!
7. PLAYING RULES:
- Major League rules will be used throughout the tournament.
- You can re-entry for the starter one time, each game, in the same batting spot. Any substitute entering the game, if replaced at a later point, is out for the remainder of the game.
- Pitchers when removed from the game as a pitcher, can NOT return as a pitcher in that game.
- Courtesy Runners are allowed for Pitcher and Catcher ONLY! Must be player on your bench or last out from previous inning.
- ALL substitutions and changes must go through the home plate umpire & the official scorer at each field.
- Mound visits are limited to 1 per inning. After 1st visit, each time the coach visits the mound in that same inning, the pitcher needs to be replaced.
8. STARTING LINEUPS:
Any team can start 9, 10, or 11 players. The lineup must stay with the same number of batters for the entire game. Once the first pitch has been thrown the lineup is locked and the lineup can NOT be reduced or added. If a player gets hurt and there are no substitutes available, that team will occur an out in that injured player’s spot in the lineup.
The 10th and 11th hitter, if used, will be designated as an Extra Hitter and Super Hitter in the lineup. The EH and Super Hitter may bat at any spot in the order. The EH and SH is the same as any position on the field as far as substitutions are concerned. The starting pitcher is allowed to DH for himself and bat in any spot in the order but must be listed a P/DH on the lineup card.
9. MERCY RULES:
There is a mercy rule for our Firecracker Baseball events.
- 12 runs after 3 innings
- 10 runs after 4 innings
- 8 runs after 5 innings
10. DEFINITION OF AN OFFICIAL GAME:
Our events can be impacted by weather and field conditions from time to time. Our games are based on time (2 hour time limits, while most games finish complete, we can NOT base this decision on an official game based on innings). Any game that has played more than 1 hour 30 minutes (75%) of the time allocated will be determined official and final. No games will be suspended, made up or rescheduled at that time frame. Any game that is suspended before the 1 hour 30 minutes, will be ATTEMPTED to be rescheduled and picked up from point of delay. If a game is determined official and the inning is NOT complete, we will revert back to the last complete inning played for score, stats and determination of winner/loser or a tie. This decision is finalized with Tournament officials to maintain safe, proper and efficient field conditions and event schedules.
11. COACH’S ATTIRE:
All coaches must be in professionally dressed. We do not allow coaches on the field in flip flops or beach attire. You will be confined to the dugout by the umpires; site supervisor(s) or tournament administration. NO EXCEPTIONS!
Any coach or player that is ejected from a game is automatically suspended for the next game of the tournament.
Any team that forfeits a game because of lack of players in attendance for their scheduled game or for lack of arrival on time (45 minutes prior to game or from the scheduled start time) will be banned for 2 years from any future tournaments at that point (Updated: 7/1/2016)
Any protests will be handled at the time of incident. We do NOT charge for protests like other organizations, if there is an issue we would like to resolve it for the greater good of the game of baseball. There are site supervisors at all fields and will handle any protests brought by a manager and will decide in a timely and appropriate manner.
15. WEATHER POLICY/CANCELATIONS
Due to unforeseen issues or mother nature, there are times games will be canceled because of rain, thunderstorms and poor field conditions beyond our control here at Firecracker Baseball. We will always try out best to get games in, move games around so EVERYONE has the same opportunity as others in our events but in the case, this does NOT happen, our policy is in place to protect our products and your programs.
- No Games Played = Full Credit towards 2021
- 1 Game Played = $400 Credit towards 2021
- 2 Games Played = $200 Credit towards 2021
- 3 or more Games Played = No Refund
2020 Playoffs/Tie-Breaker System
1. Overall Record in Tournament
2. Head to Head (Only if two teams)
3. Runs Allowed
4. Run Differential (Maximum differential of 10 runs per game, either way)
5. Runs Scored
6. Coin Flip
Thank you for your interest and support of our Firecracker Baseball events. In order to provide you the best experience possible, we request the entry of your team’s roster via the link below. The deadline for all 2020 summer tournaments is April 1st. This will allow us to promote your student athletes to the attending college coaches ahead of time along with promote the players who have committed to play in college, giving an extra boast not only to the student athletes but your programs as well!
We have created a brand new and innovative website that is user-friendly for our parents, players and coaches. With this exciting new addition, we have created a one-stop shop for all your showcase baseball needs. You can create a user account, setup your teams, register for any event, make payments plus enter your roster one time and being done for the entire calendar year! This platform also will be where you see hotels, shopping, schedules, scores, standings and playoff implications right from your mobile device. We hope you enjoy this special benefit and make your life easier.
- First and Last Name
- Jersey Number
- High School
- Graduation Year
- Email Address of a Parent or Player
- College Commitment (not required but asked)
We work on releasing our schedules 2 MONTHS prior to any event we host and run throughout the calendar year. Once our event becomes full we begin to put the teams, fields and pool play together so you can plan your trip better to Hershey, Harrisburg and Lancaster, Pennsylvania. This allows everyone to plan in advance their hotels, social events but also let the college programs you are interested in, know your playing times if they are interested in attending.
We try to maintain first class customer service from the point of registration, all the way through our final Championship game of our events, so your experience always remains first class!
Sweet Spot Showcase Classic Scores & Standings
We have partnered with another valued member in the baseball industry, Tournament Machine to make your experience even better. Now you can see scores, schedules and standings right from your mobile device as soon as the games are concluded. No more calls, emails to find out where, when and who you are playing. Through our app and Tournament Machine, you can find the GPS location of fields, get notified of time changes, incase of inclement weather but more importantly know where your team is placed for standings after your wins or unfortunately, losses.
Please check out the latest scores and standings of our events, past and present, held in Hershey, Harrisburg and Lancaster, Pennsylvania.
Sweet Spot Showcase Classic Scout Books
College coaches and professional scouts we provide up to the date scout books for your recruiting needs. There is no extra charges with Firecracker Baseball to get these books or have them right on your phone at our events. Just click on the button below and download each event/division you are looking for. For password protection, please contact email@example.com for this password. You MUST be an active college coach or MLB scout to have access to our database!
Hershey/Harrisburg and Lancaster, Pennsylvania Destination Information