We are pleased to offer you an invitation to the 5th Annual “Labor Day Classic” presented by Firecracker Baseball for the 14U, 16U, and 18U divisions. This showcase-style tournament will be held August 30th-September 2nd, 2019 including pool play and lots of exciting action with close to 30 teams expected this year!
We can’t emphasize enough to secure your spot early.
Mark your calendars!
14U, 16U and 18U Divisions:
Pool play: Saturday, August 30th-Sunday, September 1st, 2019
Playoffs & Championships: Monday, September 2nd, 2019
Pool play format will be used with all teams guaranteed to play at least 3 games (weather permitting). Teams will be placed in pools, based solely on where they are from. We like to place teams from different areas against each other to allow the kids to play teams from different areas, cities and play against different players then they are normally used to. We also rotate teams around, year to year, from different facilities so they get to play on different college and high school fields.
Participation is limited to 30 teams and is expected to fill up before December 31, 2018 as usual. Registration for this tournament is $999.00, including a box of game baseballs. There are discounts for entering by different dates, so check registration form and website regularly. Please fill out the registration form and pay online to insure your team a spot in this tournament. Upon receipt of your application and payment, an email will be sent confirming your entry and that your spot is secured. Your spot is NOT fully secured until payment is received.
All Umpires are High School board certified. All games will have 2 umpires during pool play and playoffs. Preliminary round games will take place at area high school and collegiate fields with the playoffs and championship games at college facilities. We are finalizing contracts now with local colleges and high schools to put you and your programs on the top fields in the Providence, RI area. We always use the best fields to give our players, coaches and families a first class experience, including fields such as University of Rhode Island, Rhode Island College, Cumberland HS and others.
We also contact all the local colleges and professional scouts in this area to let them know about the tournament, team rosters and schedules to get your student athletes more exposure for that weekend. This past summer we had over 80+ representatives from college and professional programs at all our of events, including Wheaton College, Boston College, Bryant University, Salve Regina University, Fairleigh Dickinson University, Johnson & Wales University, Brown University.
- Coming soon!
- Coming soon!
- CT Cadets (Bristol, CT)
- SNE Wave (Westfield, MA)
Pro & College Coaches Attending
Please check out our website regularly as we approach the 2019 calendar year for confirmed attendance of coaches, schools and scouts. Our rotator above will show you the quality of programs who attended this event previously and several who have expressed interest in being a part of this event moving forward.
We try to give all our student athletes and their families a first class experience by securing and enabling all our teams to play on the top facilities here in Providence, Rhode Island. We are getting close to our goal of securing all college fields for every age group! We would like to see all our teams play all their pool play and playoff games on top fields, including collegiately.
As you can see from the list below most of our divisions are exclusively played on collegiate fields including playoffs and Championships for our 15U and 18U Divisions. These younger divisions are given these unique playing opportunities which has become increasingly rare for other tournament providers. If you have any questions or concerns, you can give us a call to discuss your program’s needs for our event.
18U College Prep Division: Pool Play Fields (Championships are at University of Rhode Island)
All teams MUST bring 1 box of 12 game baseballs, NFHS stamped & approved, to the site supervisor before their 1st game.
- At 1st game, team will forfeit the right to coin flip (to pick home or away).
- At 2nd game, team will forfeit their game (even if it’s on the 1st day of games).
- At 3rd game, team will forfeit their game and be banned from future tournaments.
A coin toss administered by the umpire or the site supervisor at each field will be used to determine home team for each game during pool play games.
3. AGE REQUIREMENTS (Date of Birth is NOT used for age eligibility for our events)
- 19U Division: Class of 2018 or younger
- 18U Division: Class of 2019 or younger (Fall only events)
- 17U Division: Class of 2020 or younger
- 16U Division: Class of 2021 or younger (Fall only events)
- 15U Division: Class of 2022 or younger
- 14U Division: Class of 2023 or younger including our Fall events
- 13U Division: Class of 2024 or younger
4. TIME LIMITS:
There is a 2-hour time limit on all games except for the championship games. This rule means that no inning can start after 2 hours, it is NOT drop-dead timing. This allows the tournament to stay on track for the entire day. We do allow extra innings, as long as the time limit is still in play. We, at Firecracker Baseball want to see all ties broken WHEN possible so “Firecracker Baseball” tie-breaker will begin in 8th inning (see details, rule #5).
5. FIRECRACKER BASEBALL TIE-BREAKER RULE:(Only when within time limit for pool play or game will be determined a tie; all playoff/championship games will start with this rule in the 8th inning)
- 8th inning: Runner on 2nd with no outs (Runner on 2nd was last batter of previous inning).
- 9th inning: Runner on 1st and 2nd with no outs (Runners on 1st& 2nd were last 2 batters of previous innings, placed accordingly i.e. last batter on 1stbase and previous batter on 2ndbase).
- 10th inning: Runners on 1st, 2nd and 3rd with no outs (Runner on 1st, 2nd& 3rd were last 3 batters of previous inning, placed accordingly i.e. last batter on 1st, previous batter on 2ndbase and so on).
6. WOOD BAT/METAL BAT:
This is a wood bat tournament. 13U Division is allowed to follow NFHS standards for metal bats, only age allowed.
7. PLAYING RULES:
- Major League rules will be used throughout the tournament.
- You can re-entry for the starter one time, each game, in the same batting spot. Any substitute entering the game, if replaced at a later point, is out for the remainder of the game.
- Pitchers when removed from the game as a pitcher, can NOT return as a pitcher in that game.
- Courtesy Runners are allowed for Pitcher and Catcher ONLY! Must be player on your bench or last out from previous inning.
- ALL substitutions and changes must go through the home plate umpire & the official scorer at each field.
- Mound visits are limited to 1 per inning. After 1stvisit, each time the coach visits the mound in that same inning, the pitcher needs to be replaced.
8. STARTING LINEUPS:
Any team can start 9, 10, or 11 players. The lineup must stay with the same number of batters for the entire game. Once the first pitch has been thrown the lineup is locked and the lineup can NOT be reduced or added. If a player gets hurt and there are no substitutes available, that team will occur an out in that injured player’s spot in the lineup.
The 10th and 11th hitter, if used, will be designated as an Extra Hitter and Super Hitter in the lineup. The EH and Super Hitter may bat at any spot in the order. The EH and SH is the same as any position on the field as far as substitutions are concerned. The starting pitcher is allowed to DH for himself and bat in any spot in the order but must be listed a P/DH on the lineup card.
9. MERCY RULES:
There is a mercy rule for our Firecracker Baseball events.
- 12 runs after 3 innings
- 10 runs after 4 innings
- 8 runs after 5 innings
10. COACH’S ATTIRE:
All coaches must be in professionally dressed. We do not allow coaches on the field in flip flops or beach attire. You will be confined to the dugout by the umpires; site supervisor(s) or tournament administration. NO EXCEPTIONS!
Any coach or player that is ejected from a game is automatically suspended for the next game of the tournament.
Any team that forfeits a game because of lack of players in attendance for their scheduled game or for lack of arrival on time (45 minutes prior to game or 15 minutes grace period from the scheduled start time) will be banned for 2 years from any future tournaments at that point (Updated: 7/1/2016)
Any protests will be handled at the time of incident. We do NOT charge for protests like other organizations, if there is an issue we would like to resolve it for the greater good of the game of baseball. There are site supervisors at all fields and will handle any protests brought by a manager and will decide in a timely and appropriate manner.
14. WEATHER POLICY/CANCELATIONS
Due to unforeseen issues or mother nature, there are times games will be canceled because of rain, thunderstorms and poor field conditions beyond our control here at Firecracker Baseball. We will always try out best to get games in, move games around so EVERYONE has the same opportunity as others in our events but in the case, this does NOT happen, our policy is in place to protect our products and your programs.
- No Games Played = Full Credit towards 2020
- 1 Game Played = $200 Credit towards 2020
- 2 Games Played = No Refund
18U College Prep Division
- The winner of each pool will advance to the Championship Game on Monday, September 2nd at the University of Rhode Island; Kingston, RI TBA.
- There will be a short award and trophy presentation at the end of the championship game, allowing for pictures and on field celebrations.
- Team trophies along with an MVP trophy will be awarded for each division.
1. Overall Record in Tournament
2. Head to Head (Only if two teams)
3. Runs Allowed
4. Run Differential (Maximum differential of 10 runs per game, either way)
5. Runs Scored
6. Coin Flip
Thank you for your interest and support of our Firecracker Baseball Events. We hope that you enjoy the experience in participating! In order to provide you the best experience possible, we request the entry of your Roster via the links below. The deadline for all 2018 tournaments is May 1st. This will allow us to promote your student athletes to many of the attending college coaches well ahead of time along with promote the players who have committed to play in college, giving an extra boast not only to the student athletes but your programs as well!
For 2019…..we will be requesting rosters to be submitted within 30 days of your registration, again, to begin promoting your student athletes earlier but also qualifying your program for our events and securing your spot. Thank you for your cooperation.
We have created a user-friendly system for registration, payments and roster submission for all our coaches and programs in 2019. With the partnership with Tournament Machine, we have created a one-stop shop for your summer baseball needs. You can create a coach’s account, setup your teams, register for any and all events plus enter your roster one time and being down for the entire calendar year! This platform also will be where you see schedules, scores, standings and playoff implications right from your mobile device. We hope you enjoy this special benefit and make your life easier in these crazy times. *You need log back into your coach’s account and use the email address associated when you registered for our tournaments* This is the email associated with your coach’s account for 2018 that you will access to make payments, register, enter team roster information and of course access schedules, scores and standings.
Roster submission will take about 8-10 minutes if you have the information in front of you, less time if you upload from a existing document.
Information needed for each player on your roster includes:
- First and Last Name
- Jersey Number
- High School
- Graduation Year
- Date of Birth
- Email Address of a Parent or Player
- College Commitment (not required but asked)
We work on releasing our schedules 2 MONTHS prior to any event we host and run throughout the calendar year. Once our event becomes full we begin to put the teams, fields and pool play together so you can plan your trip better to Providence, Rhode Island area. This allows everyone to plan in advance their hotels, social events but also let the college programs your interested in, know your playing times if they are interested in attending. We try to maintain first class customer service from the point of registration, all the way through our final Championship game of our events, so your experience always remains first class!