All teams MUST bring 1 box of 12 game baseballs, NFHS stamped & approved, to the site supervisor before their 1st game.
- At 1st game, team will forfeit the right to coin flip (to pick home or away).
- At 2nd game, team will forfeit their game (even if it’s on the 1st day of games).
- At 3rd game, team will forfeit their game and be banned from future tournaments.
A coin toss administered by the umpire or the site supervisor at each field will be used to determine home team for each game during pool play games.
3. AGE REQUIREMENTS (Date of Birth is NOT used for age eligibility for our events)
- 19U Division: Class of 2018 or younger
- 18U Division: Class of 2019 or younger (Fall only events)
- 17U Division: Class of 2020 or younger
- 16U Division: Class of 2021 or younger (Fall only events)
- 15U Division: Class of 2022 or younger
- 14U Division: Class of 2023 or younger including our Fall events
- 13U Division: Class of 2024 or younger
4. TIME LIMITS:
There is a 2-hour time limit on all games except for the championship games. This rule means that no inning can start after 2 hours, it is NOT drop-dead timing. This allows the tournament to stay on track for the entire day. We do allow extra innings, as long as the time limit is still in play. We, at Firecracker Baseball want to see all ties broken WHEN possible so “Firecracker Baseball” tie-breaker will begin in 8th inning (see details, rule #5).
5. FIRECRACKER BASEBALL TIE-BREAKER RULE:(Only when within time limit for pool play or game will be determined a tie; all playoff/championship games will start with this rule in the 8th inning)
- 8th inning: Runner on 2nd with no outs (Runner on 2nd was last batter of previous inning).
- 9th inning: Runner on 1st and 2nd with no outs (Runners on 1st& 2nd were last 2 batters of previous innings, placed accordingly i.e. last batter on 1stbase and previous batter on 2ndbase).
- 10th inning: Runners on 1st, 2nd and 3rd with no outs (Runner on 1st, 2nd& 3rd were last 3 batters of previous inning, placed accordingly i.e. last batter on 1st, previous batter on 2ndbase and so on).
6. WOOD BAT/METAL BAT:
This is a wood bat tournament. 13U Division is allowed to follow NFHS standards for metal bats, only age allowed.
7. PLAYING RULES:
- Major League rules will be used throughout the tournament.
- You can re-entry for the starter one time, each game, in the same batting spot. Any substitute entering the game, if replaced at a later point, is out for the remainder of the game.
- Pitchers when removed from the game as a pitcher, can NOT return as a pitcher in that game.
- Courtesy Runners are allowed for Pitcher and Catcher ONLY! Must be player on your bench or last out from previous inning.
- ALL substitutions and changes must go through the home plate umpire & the official scorer at each field.
- Mound visits are limited to 1 per inning. After 1stvisit, each time the coach visits the mound in that same inning, the pitcher needs to be replaced.
8. STARTING LINEUPS:
Any team can start 9, 10, or 11 players. The lineup must stay with the same number of batters for the entire game. Once the first pitch has been thrown the lineup is locked and the lineup can NOT be reduced or added. If a player gets hurt and there are no substitutes available, that team will occur an out in that injured player’s spot in the lineup.
The 10th and 11th hitter, if used, will be designated as an Extra Hitter and Super Hitter in the lineup. The EH and Super Hitter may bat at any spot in the order. The EH and SH is the same as any position on the field as far as substitutions are concerned. The starting pitcher is allowed to DH for himself and bat in any spot in the order but must be listed a P/DH on the lineup card.
9. MERCY RULES:
There is a mercy rule for our Firecracker Baseball events.
- 12 runs after 3 innings
- 10 runs after 4 innings
- 8 runs after 5 innings
10. COACH’S ATTIRE:
All coaches must be in professionally dressed. We do not allow coaches on the field in flip flops or beach attire. You will be confined to the dugout by the umpires; site supervisor(s) or tournament administration. NO EXCEPTIONS!
Any coach or player that is ejected from a game is automatically suspended for the next game of the tournament.
Any team that forfeits a game because of lack of players in attendance for their scheduled game or for lack of arrival on time (45 minutes prior to game or 15 minutes grace period from the scheduled start time) will be banned for 2 years from any future tournaments at that point (Updated: 7/1/2016)
Any protests will be handled at the time of incident. We do NOT charge for protests like other organizations, if there is an issue we would like to resolve it for the greater good of the game of baseball. There are site supervisors at all fields and will handle any protests brought by a manager and will decide in a timely and appropriate manner.
14. WEATHER POLICY/CANCELATIONS
Due to unforeseen issues or mother nature, there are times games will be canceled because of rain, thunderstorms and poor field conditions beyond our control here at Firecracker Baseball. We will always try out best to get games in, move games around so EVERYONE has the same opportunity as others in our events but in the case, this does NOT happen, our policy is in place to protect our products and your programs.
- No Games Played = Full Credit towards 2020
- 1 Game Played = $200 Credit towards 2020
- 2 Games Played = No Refund