Providence Slugfest’s College Showcase Camp
Colleges who have participated and attended in the past!
2021 College Showcase Camp Information
Firecracker Sports will be hosting a College Showcase Camp at Johnson & Wales University in Providence, RI. This camp is available to all prospective baseball players, regardless of whether you are participating in the tournament or a local program.
All players will receive a pro style workout, a t-shirt and a statistical data driven evaluation performed by college and professional coaches. These evaluations will be made available online and distributed to our college scouting and contact database. We hire college and pro coaches to be on the field instructing but also providing evaluations on each player so we guarantee 25+ coaches at our events. All subsequent stories and highlights written about a player will be linked to the player’s social media profile along with the Firecracker Sports website and social media platforms, ultimately creating a one-stop shop for a college recruiter.
|Thursday, August 4th, 2022|
|Johnson & Wales University|
(Additional sessions may be added at a later time, subject to participants and field availability)
Rain date/inclement weather options: TBA
Who: 2023 – 2025 Graduates. (JUCO, 2022 and 2026 Graduates must inquire before registering)
Cost to Player: All participants have a registration fee based on their position. We have sold out ever showcase camp over our 14 years of runnings events with over 2000+ players attending. Our events in Old Orchard Beach, Maine; Providence, Rhode Island; Saratoga, New York and Westchester, New York were a big hit as we hosted 125+ college and professional coaches.
Coming soon….Results are always emailed, when requested, along with posted online and sent out via email to our scouting department of college and professional coaches.
We had a tremendous turnout of college and professional coaches in 2019 throughout our 4 college showcase camps. We evaluated and worked out over 360+ student athletes at our events in Old Orchard Beach, Maine; Providence, Rhode Island; Saratoga, New York and Westchester, New York. We had over 125+ college coaches and professional scouts present throughout these 4 events last summer, very excited to be one of most scouted events in the Northeast.
Please check out our website regularly as we approach the our summer events for confirmed attendance of coaches, schools and scouts. Our rotator above will show you the quality of programs who attended this event previously and have expressed their interest in attending again for 2020.
List of schools/organizations who have committed to attend in 2021 (does not include multiple coaches/scouts from same program)
- Alderson Broaddus University (PA)
- Amherst College (MA)
- Assumption College (MA)
- Bridgewater State University (MA)
- Brown University (RI)
- Bryant University (RI)
- Clark University (MA)
- College of the Holy Cross (MA)
- Community College of Rhode Island (RI)
- Dakota College at Bottineau (ND)
- Dean College (MA)
- Eastern Connecticut State University (CT)
- Eastern Nazarene College (MA)
- Gettysburg College (PA)
- Husson University (ME)
- Johnson & Wales University (RI)
- Lesley University (MA)
- Massachusetts Maritime Academy (MA)
- Manhattanville College (NY)
- Mary Baldwin University (MD)
- Nichols College (MA)
- Northeastern University (MA)
- Pine Manor College (MA)
- Post University (CT)
- Rhode Island College (RI)
- Rivier University (NH)
- Rochester Institute of Technology (NY)
- Salem State University (MA)
- Salve Regina University (RI)
- Skidmore College (NY)
- Southern Maine Community College (ME)
- Southern New Hampshire University (NH)
- St. John’s University (NY)
- St. Michael’s College (VT)
- Stonehill College (MA)
- University of MASS-Boston (MA)
- University of Massachusetts-Dartmouth (MA)
- University of Rhode Island (RI)
- Wesleyan University (CT)
- Western Connecticut State University (CT)
- Westfield State University (MA)
- Wheaton College (MA)
- Worcester State University (MA)
Unfortunately weather or “Act of God” issues can be a factor in running quality baseball events. Please see our policies below.
- COVID-19 Event Cancelation: 100% Refund to all participants (minus credit card fees)
- Rain/Bad Weather: Full credit towards a future 2021/2022 event.
- Injury (with proper medical documentation): Full credit towards a future 2021/2022 event.
- No-show and/or no communication about absence = No Refund